Dr. Jussi Rahola, founder and CEO of Optenni Ltd.
- Computational electromagnetics
- Fast multipole techniques
- Antenna design
- Numerical mathematics
- Iterative methods and preconditioning
- High-performance computing
- Scientific visualization
- Programming in C++, C, Fortran 90 and Matlab
- Project management
Publications and presentations
- Over 30 publications in scientific journals and international conference proceedings
- Invited presentations in international and national conferences
- Co-writer and editor of several books on numerical methods in Finnish
- Three granted patents and several pending patent applications
- J. Rahola, “Power Waves and Conjugate Matching”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express briefs, Vol. 55, pages 92-96, 2008.
- J. Rahola (invited), “Bandwidth potential and electromagnetic isolation: Tools for analysing the impedance behaviour of antenna systems”, Proceedings of the EuCAP 2009 conference, Berlin, March 23-27, 2009.
- J. Rahola, F. Belloni and A. Richter, “Modelling of radiation patterns using scalar spherical harmonics with vector coefficients”, Proceedings of the EuCAP 2009 conference, Berlin, March 23-27, 2009.
- J. Rahola and J. Ollikainen, “Analysis of Isolation of Two-Port Antenna Systems using Simultaneous Matching”, Proceedings of the EuCAP 2007 conference, Edinburgh, November 11-16, 2007.
- J. Rahola and J. Ollikainen, “Optimal antenna placement for mobile terminals using characteristic mode analysis”, Proceedings of the EuCAP 2006 conference, Nice, November 6-10, 2006.
- J. Rahola and J. Krogerus, “On the polarization state of mobile terminals”, Proceedings of the ICAP 2003 conference, Exeter, March 31 – April 3, 2003.
Other research activities
- National delegate in the European COST 284 action on antennas (2002-2006)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the ACE (2004-2007) and Metamorphose (2005) networks of excellence
- Senior member of the IEEE
- Referee activities in several scientific journals
- Pre-examiner and opponent of several doctoral theses
- 1989-1999: CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd: application specialist and development manager in numerical methods and mathematical software
- 1997-1998: CERFACS, France: postdoctoral researcher
- 2000-2009: Nokia Corporation: senior research engineer, research manager, principal scientist
- 2009-: Optenni Ltd: founder and CEO
- M.Sc. (Tech.), Lic.Sc. (Tech.) and D.Sc. (Tech.) degrees from Aalto University, School of Science and Technology (formerly Helsinki University of Technology), majoring in numerical mathematics
- Doctoral thesis: “Efficient solution of dense systems of linear equations in electromagnetic scattering calculations” in 1996
- Docent of Aalto University and University of Jyväskylä