Optenni Lab: Matching Circuit Synthesis
Automatic matching circuit synthesis is the core functionality of Optenni Lab. You only need to specify the impedance to be matched, the target frequency bands and number of components. Optenni Lab takes care of the rest and synthesizes optimal matching circuits for the setup.
The synthesis capabilities include
- automatic determination of the optimal number of required matching components
- more than 100 component series from top vendors to choose from
- tolerance analysis with design sensitivity ranking
- synthesis using full EM-simulated layout model
- generic “black box” synthesis blocks to be used in a long RF chain
- lumped, microstrip or hybrid matching circuits
- synthesis blocks as subcircuits to enforce symmetry
- optimization for multiple impedance environments or variants in one go
- simultaneous matching of coupled antenna system
- matching circuit synthesis to optimize antenna array total system efficiency
The automation brings enormous advantages for the designer, as much of the work would otherwise require manual setup for potentially hundreds of design candidates. This makes the designer’s work both productive and motivating.